Sunday, November 25, 2012

Jerk Chicken - Slow Cooker Version


There are 2 kitchenwares that I cannot live without. First and foremost, a slow-cooker. The later is a pressure cooker. These cookwares are so handy and they save me time in the kitchen. If you have a slow cooker and think it's hidden somewhere collecting dust in your basement or attic...well, it's time for you to take it out! 

Ever imagine what would happen if you throw in chicken marinated in jerk seasoning in a slow cooker? Well, I actually did couple of days ago! I let the chicken with its marinade simmer in a slow cooker for 4 hours and the results: moist, juicy and fall-off-the-bone meat that simply melts in your mouth. Furthermore, the sauce is full of robust flavours: a perfect balance of thyme and Jamaican all spice.  I serve the chicken with  our Jamaican Style Rice N' Peas. For left over chicken, I simply shred the meat and make into a jerk chicken sandwich with cabbage coleslaw for lunch. Perfect for a cold weather lunch that certainly warms up your tummy! 

Check out the link for our Jerk Chicken recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Your Comment Here!